Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Remembering Greta

Today is National Pet Memorial Day and I'm thinkin about our sweet Greta dat recently passed from eating a really bad mushroom.

My favorite memory of Greta was when she was racing around on the Dogtona Motor Speedway on my last Barkday.

She looked so pretty in pink dat I think all da boys were watchin her instead of payin attention to dar driving.   And…. she had a really cute butt so dar was some pretty spectacular viewin, drivin behind her.   Hey, now dat I think about it…. maybe dat was her strategy.   She was one smart cookie!

Mr. Bailey was dar cheering her on.

Oh… did I remember to tell you dat she WON da Junior Class race?   Yep…. Greta was one fast racer.

I am thankful to have known Greta.  Race on sweet Greta (our girl in Pink)!

Now pop on over to read Oz's poem in honor of Greta.

 Wags, 
           Ranger

Pees… I'm also remembering Aunty D's terrier/beagle mix pup and my 1st big brother, Rocky.
Rocky and me (Baby Ranger)

I adored him.
I only knew him for only a month or two.
He was 18 1/2 yrs old.

17 comments:

  1. Lovely tribute and sweet memories of a lovely friend who will be greatly missed by all.
    Have a serene easy Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta was too cute in pink, Ranger. I think you finally caught on to her strategy during that race. What a great memory to hold on to - remembering the winning Greta!
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greta raced into our hearts for sure. Your Rocky looked like he was a wise old friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I remember the car race, girls can be good cardrivers too (except my mom) Greta was the proof! Thanks for sharing your memories with me, Ranger, they all are always in our hearts

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD YESSSSsssssssssss Greta looked all Girrrrrly in Pink... butt she was a WILD driver... That girrrrl knew how to make the MOST outta EVERY MOMENT... and left us with the MEMORIES to prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greta's favorite color was pink!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Remember, tomorrow starts our week long "Road To The Great Debate"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greta was a very sweet little girl, she will be missed.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are remembering all of our friends that have passed. Your big brother was very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet memory and tribute -- The Rainbow Bridge has some wonderful and amazing new additions, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful memories Ranger!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ranger, those are very nice memories!

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I remembers Greta's racecar and her SPEED!!! That gurl liked to FLY!!! Both on rubber and on paws!
    Lovely tribute to our pal Ranger
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much Ranger for remembering Greta today and helping us smile. yes there is nothing cuter than a little pug butt that is for sure. we are thankful for all our friends love and support
    love
    Linda
    Bailey & Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pee Es
    we are glad you got your date with Daisy for Oktoberfest!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely tribute! Thank you for telling us about Rocky. 18 1/2! I bet he had a lot of wisdom to share with baby Ranger!
    oxox
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...