1. Adopt a dog from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a dog or play with a dog, clean cages or anything else they need help with.
2. Have a safety check of your home to make sure it's safe for your dog and others.
3. Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
4. Organize a peaceful demonstration in front of your community pet store that sells puppies.
5. Write your Congressman and ask that he/she support the ban of Puppy Mills in your state.
6. Order an adorable dog shaped flower arrangement from 1-800-Flowers.com and enjoy a 10% discount by using code DOG when placing your order!
7. Have a National Dog Day party and invite all your friends and their dogs!
8. Spend the day taking photos of your dog and then enter our photo contest!
9. Buy an official National Dog Day Tee and sport it proudly!
10. Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their dog.
11. Have a portrait painted of your dog to suspend the fleeting magic of dogdom.
12. Buy your dog a fun new dog toy....or two...or five.
13. Give your dog some fun exercise by taking him or her to a doggy play resort.
15. Brush your dog to eliminate excess fur.
16. Give your dog a massage or holistic spa treatment.
17. Teach your dog a new trick.
18. Buy your dog a fashionable collar and leash.
19. Hire a professional pet photographer for a fun photo shoot.
20. Take your dog to the beach.
|Yep…. dat's da one for me!|
Nothing like a good roll in da sand.
Have a grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat day wiff your peeps!
look at you rolling around in the sand having a great old time - you are so cute. Happy National Dog DayReplyDelete
Some great ideas there Ranger. Happy National Dog Day to you. There is nothing like a good roll to celebrate. Have a terrific Tuesday.ReplyDelete
Best wishes Molly
WE sure enjoyed all those great ideas, we would love to be rolling around in the sand also. Wait what is sand?ReplyDelete
It sounds like the perfect day. Now to get the woman to do itReplyDelete
Lily & Edward
At last, a day for us! Momma promised us a special treat tonight, but she didn't say what.ReplyDelete
Some excellent ideas you have listed to celebrate National Dog Day! Mom told us "Happy National Dog Day" as soon as we opened our eyes this morning. So I rolled over so she could scratch my belly so I could tell if she really meant it. And she did of course. About your legislation against hair stealing, this could pawsibly come up during the debates! We would totally support making it optional with the doggie having the final say in the decision! Thanks for your ideas!ReplyDelete
Murphy & Stanley
Mayorz For All Paws
"Use Your Noodle & Vote For A Doodle!"
Happy Dog Day, buddy! I hope it is GREAT!ReplyDelete
And in my case:ReplyDelete
Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking her human.
We love your list! Happy National Dog Day!!!ReplyDelete
aaahhhh that must feel good! Happy National Dog Day!ReplyDelete
Happy Dog Day!ReplyDelete
Oh, I likes your idea of a celebration Ranger!!!! Roachin' in the sand is my idea of celebratin'!! (okays, that and a margarita...BOL)ReplyDelete
HAPPY National Dog Day # 1 of 365. JUST sayin buddy.ReplyDelete
Happy National Dog Day! I really enjoyed reading that list of all the things we can do to celebrate, I've done a few of these today! I love the photo of you at the beach! Love and Licks from your furiend Frank XxxxxxxxXReplyDelete
Happy National Dog Day Ranger.ReplyDelete
Molly, Taffy, Monty and Winnie
Happy Scottie Day Ranger. Are there other breeds of dogs?ReplyDelete
I wish we had time to do all on the list--What great fun!!ReplyDelete
Happy National Dog Day!ReplyDelete
We have printed out your list and will be seeing how many of the items we can tick off...Item 20 has been highlighted...we are desperate to go to a beach!ReplyDelete
Wally & Sammy