You Might Be Canadian If
- Your municipality buys a Zamboni before a bus.
- You bring a portable TV on a camping trip so that you don't miss Hockey Night.
- You can repeat the entire Molson's Canadian 'The Rant'.
- You dismiss all beers under 6% as "for children and the elderly."
- You can sing "O' Canada" in French and actually know what the words mean.
- You know more than 3 guys named Gordon.
- You have twins named Wayne and Gretzky (alternately Gordie and Howe).
- You substitute beer for water when cooking.
- You know what "Canuba" is.
- You pity people who haven't tasted a "beavertail".
- You brag to Americans: Shania Twain, Jim Carrey, Celine Dion & more, are Canadians.
- You know that the last letter of the English alphabet is always pronounced "Zed".
- You know how to pronounce and spell "Saskatchewan".
- You have worn shorts and a parka at the same time .
- You are in grade 12, not the 12th grade.
- You owe more money on your snowmobile than on your car.
- At least twice a year, the kitchen doubles a meat processing plant.
- You think the start of deer season is a national holiday.
- You know which leaves make for good toilet paper.
- The trunk of your car doubles as a freezer.
- You can play road hockey on skates.
- If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May.
- If you’ve had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number.
- If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.
- You know that a pike is a type of fish, not part of a highway.
- "Eh?" is a very important part of your vocabulary, and is more polite
- than, "Huh?"
Have you ever noticed dat Canadians are always ahead of da US wiff dar Holidays?
Canada Day is July 1st
Independence Day is July 4th
Canadian Thanksgiving is in October
US Thanksgiving is in November
Just sayin dat sometimes I think about stuff like dis.
It must be da heat! It's mighty HOT here in NC. I would surely welcome some of dat 'Canadian air/jetstream' about now, eh?