Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Downward Doggie

When I started going to school, I was really good at "Sit" but I didn't get this "Down" thing.   Since I am a low-rider… "Down" just seemed silly.   I mean… do I really need to get lower to the ground?

Well… over time and with lots and lots of practice, I now have a Masters in "Down". I know that some of my furfriends are still struggling with this, so I thought I'd share some pointers.  

For starters, let me just say, "Down" is really cool.   Everytime I do it for Mom... she giggles and gives me a treat.   I like to make Mom laugh anddddd you know... I never turn down a treat.   I even do "Down" when I'm confused and don't understand what she wants.   She is such a pushover for my "Down" that she forgets what she originally wanted me to do and gives me a treat anyways.   Pretty cool huh?

Now Pupfessor Ranger (that's me) will share with you everything you need to know.

Your objective:   To perform the perfect "Down"

Here I am doing a perfect "Down"

"Down" is all about the BSP (Back-Shift-Plop).

Here are the steps:
  1) Focus.   Think about how much you want that treat.
  2) Shift your weight back
  3) Plop down
  4) Look up and look cute.  A TREAT is all yours for the taking !!!!

Now... if you watch my video.. and you too can do a perfect "Down".

I hope this helps you get lots and lots of cookies and makes your peeps laugh.

Chow for now.
Ranger (Downward Dog Yogi Master)
I think I like that title better than Pupfessor.

16 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I'll have to remember those tips, I need to work n a lot of commands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMD Ranger!! Well, well done!! That is just excellent - mom watched and re-watched and RE-watched your video tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a push over for treats Ranger. However you sure got that trick "Down" pat. Now us we hear that and just wlk away, Heeheehee!

    Your Pals
    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, we love a good treat and giggle from the peeps too! Great job with down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD! You are an EXPERT downer (ok, that didn't sound right...), wells, you know what I mean! I do the 'down', butts I 'flop' so hard that Ma thinks I'm gonna break an elbow! So, I just wave my paw (my specialty 'cute' trick), and usually gets my treaties that way. Do you do 'roll over'? That's the one I need helps with!

    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I roll over to get my belly rubbed… but not on command. I just do it when I feel like it.
      Wags,
      Ranger

      Delete
  6. Hiya Ranger:

    Thats cool, Ranger. For a down all you have to do is do a sit and slide your front feets out, right?

    Enjoy those treats, Big Guy!

    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good work, Ranger, you've trained her well....a treat just for lying down!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ranger, we are so proud of you. We have to agree with you - we wonder how we could get much lower!! BOL!!

    XOXO
    Lilly, Piper, Ivy and The Sweet Buglets

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can do the down but you haz tought me, if I dont'z do it I will get'z treats :) I mustn't bee'z to easy to please :) xx00xx

    http://www.molliesdogtreats.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! You turned a negative into a plus, you are a master at it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good video :) I'm a pro at it:D
    Thanks for my award, I've got something for you too, scroll down to my second last post, I didn't name anybody in particular but I had you in mind for the sweet award, please do grab it
    Cotton

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whathing that video as made me all hungry!! You do do down very well, and it's the please feed me eyes that I think work!! What else will you teach us O wise one??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laughing and lots of treats sounds pretty much like our "training" sessions, Ranger. I sometimes wonder who is training who. You have an advantage doing the down exercise since you're practically there already!

    Susan and Wrigs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...