Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving - Snoopy, Dogs, Turkey, and Shoes

How was your Thanksgiving?   

Oh look….  there is my buddy Snoopy in the Parade.
We had a surprise guest.  Aunty D's son, Eric came to visit.  She was very happy.  I wasn't too sure about him.  He is tall and has a deep voice. He got down on the floor and pretended to be a dog to play wiff me, but I wasn't havin none of dat.   I just ran under the dining room table.
I did let him pick me up and hug me ONCE.   I really don't like all dat huggie stuff but sometimes ya just gotta grin and dog-it.

Mom wanted to watch the Macy's Day Parade so we all watched all the balloons and bands go by.

After we watched the parade, we watched the National Dog Show from Philadelphia.    I had to wait a long time for the Terrier group to show up.
I cheered on da Scottie (of course).
Sigh… da Scottie didn't win.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooo !!!





















Later in the day, Mom, Aunty D and Eric went over to Wally & Finn's house for a Thanksgiving feast.   Now…. you won't believe this…. Dey didn't take me along!  SHOCKING!   I was all ready to go and they left wiffout me.   I can't believe they left me behind…  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.    I mean… dey are MY friends and I like to feast too.

After like 87 zillon hours, dey all came home carrying a cover plate.  Yippy!!!  Feast for ME.   NOT!   Mom said it was "breakfast pie" for dem.   What?  Can you believe dis?  I know… it is Shocking.  All I got was leftover chicken.

Den… Mom showed me her shoe.  
Dis is Mom's shoe.
My buddy Baby Finn got a hold of it and chew'd it up good.  

High Paws Finn!   Solidarity! 
  
Finn was also mad dat he didn't get any turkey (and he lives there) and dat I didn't get come.  I think he should have pee'd on it too, but his Dad caught him in da chewing act and he didn't have time to make it a wet one too.
Good job Finny.   Mom deserved to have her shoe chewed for her very bad behavior.     Hopeful she learned her lesson.   Ya don't take the pup; the shoe will get eat.

Wags, 
        Ranger

18 comments:

  1. well that just wasn't right at all - first they go and leave you and then they don't even bring you a doggie bag home......you should chew Mom's other shoe and make it a matching pair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's not fair! I didn't get any turkey either...mum accidentally took the wrong foil wrapped package, so no turkey for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Your mom has to learn that when you get left home karma will get her (or her shoe). Don't let this happen on Christmas!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you friend Finn taught your mom a lesson about leaving you at home.

    Walter

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fantastic to know that Finn is in your corner and has your back. Can't believe that with all that GREAT food, they couldn't remember to bring you some.....humans!! They're so hard to figure out.

    Great cheering for Team Terrier in the show. Too bad the scottie didn't win.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's absurd. You got nothing out of the ordinary but a stranger and solitude?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What no turkey???? Shocking we say. Absolutely terrible pal. We feel your pain.
    Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. And when you thought that your Thanksgiving was going so well, you didn't get any turkey?? THEY should be glad that the only injury was the shoe, it coulda been worse!!! :-)!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If she had taken you, you could have defended her shoe. Good showing her! Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw the dog show (the final) too, congrats to the Foxhound! Finn has an eye for modern design. Now your mom can put her shoppinglist in the small slot or her money for the parking meter. Good job :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well leaving you home on a holiday, well that is just not kosher. I watched the dog show also, I barked a lot. Why they didn't even show the scottie up close.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William
    The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like both you and Finny taught YOUR Mom a good lesson.....one she won't forget every time she puts that shoe on!

    Kitty Hugs, Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the shoe has style now. Maybe it will become a fad like ripped jeans. Bet some doggie ripping jeans is to credit fur that fashion fad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel bad you didn't get to go. I really hope they make it up to you and Finn - you deserve something very tasty!!!
    oxox
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the sound of this Finn character... :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. BOL! Wow, Finny did a number on that shoe. Glad he was able to get his point across about not having you there to play with. I doubt your Scottie Mom will leave you behind again anytime soon. Much love, The Scottie Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your lucky that you have great friends looking out for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...