Pages

Thursday, July 13, 2017

A Not So Pawsome Adventure

Arrrrrrrrrooooo.....
I met me a GREAT DANE today!

Today, Mom took me to da Dogster (again) and I made a ton of new friends.  Cats & Dogs and a horse (Mom said it was a Great Dane).

Ya see I have a hurt rear paw-pad and I hop sometimes so dat my rear paw doesn't have to touch da pavement.
 
We've been to da Dogster a couple of time over da past  month and it doesn't seem to be improving.

Does my head look big?
Antibiotics and anti-inflammation pills didn't really fix my poor hurt paw pad (PHPP).

Now, I don't complain mind you.   I still like to run and go on walkies, but Mom worries when she sees me hop.   She don't think I make a very good bunny.

So we went for another recheck and da Dogster said dat she thinks its a corn and that she would recommend that we remove it. YIKES.... SURGERY !!!!.   She asked another Dogster to take a look at it and he agreed.

Have you ever had a corn on your paw pad and how was it treated?

Right now my corn removal surgery is schedule for Monday so send up some POTP that all goes well and I hope dat I'm chasing bunnies again real soon.

 Wags,
     Ranger

Ps.... Mom had some crazy allergic reaction today at the Dogster's office.   I think dar was way too much cat dander flying.   Her nose wouldn't stop running, she keep sneezing and her eyes got all itchy.   Did someone say Benadryl?

15 comments:

  1. Oh noes Ranger! I've never had corn nibblets on my paw pads, butts that doesn't sound comfy at all! Sorry abouts your paws dude. I hopes the surgicals will help your paw. If your Moms is still hesitant, she can always go to another vettie and get a second opinion, if it can wait. Most vetties wouldn't mind at all if you had another dogtor check it out. I would tell your Moms to follow her gut.
    I am sendin' lots and lots of POTP and healin' vibes your way Ranger! And lots of AireZens too!
    Let us know how it goes!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remove it? If you hear the word "amputation", run on three legs as fast as you can away from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we sure send lots of potp and crossed paws and fingers for your appointment! ...and you saw a great dane-ish horse? wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have no experience with corns. Sending you POTP that your surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry about your paw. Sending lots of POTP and Hugs for you and your mom. Will keep you both in my thoughts on Monday.
    Bentley & Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the procedure, Ranger. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a little thingy thing removed. It was no buggy and didn't make me hop. Are you sure it's not your knee?
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooo, Ranger....surgery? Looks like you'll be hop-a-long Ranger for awhile. We've never heard of a corn on a dog. Roxy ripped her pad a few weeks ago and she's still a tripod. POTP heading your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! Maybe you should talk to Bertie, since he has so much experience dealing with his poorly paw. We hope you feel better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mom's best friend had 9 Scotties and she got a Great Dane puppy. The poor pup was not treated with a lot of respect by the 9 Scotties. He spent his whole life totally confused and terrorized by the9. Good luck with your surgery on Monday. We will be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That does not sound like fun Ranger. We are sending lots of POTP for you
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  12. The only corn we have had was on the cob. OK, we didn't actually have it butt our pawrents did. We sure hope you get fixed up!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear about your Paw problem! Mum says she had never heard of doggies getting Corns, but no reason why they couldn't--you proved dat, Ranger!!
    We will sure be thinking of you and hope dat everything goes well, and dat very soon you'll be back to being your old peppy Scottie self! You'll be getting some extra spoiling during your recovery so take advantage of dat-(heh-heh)!
    Love and lots of POTP,
    Riley-Puppy, Tessie-Girl and Jackie-Scottie baby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crikey Ranger ..... that's no good, mate!! Surgery stinks but I guess corns on your feets do too, aye?? Best to get it over with I suppose. I sure hope it goes well and I'm sending heaps of POTP your way. Poor Mom ..... I hope her poor nose stops running all over the place real soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...