Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Happy Trails

Arrrrrroooooooooooo.   We're off on another adventure!
I just love to ride in the Zoom-zoom car.  
Warning: dangerous animals in da park.
Dis time we're going to the new Nature Park.

Mom & Aunty D were a bit concerned when the 1st sign dat dey saw warned of snakes and gators.   Oh my.

After we parked da car we looked at the trail map and decided not to go on the Copperhead Trail or on the Gator Trail.


I wanted to go on the Dogwood Trail but Mom thought dat the Live Oak Trail was better (less dangerous).


So off we went.








I got right down to business and dropped some peemail on the 1st post dat I saw.
Peemail post.

We stopped at the Scenic Overlook to look at the river.
I don't see any gators.
Swampy riverbed.




Then we were off again.













We walked really fast on the trail cuz Mom was a bit anxious about the possibility of seeing snakes.
Thru the wood and down da hill we go...

I keep my ears up da whole way.
I only freaked out once (when Mom wanted to look at the boat ramp).   It was a metal ramp and I put my brakes on.   I was NOT going down dat metal ramp.  No way.

I had a grrrrrrrreat time checkin out all the new smells.Just don't make me go down a metal boat ramp and I'm a happy pup.  
Wags, 
          Ranger

Pees….. Mom says dat we not be going back to the new Nature Park.  She says dat walks on the beach are more to her liking.  No copperheads on the beach.

26 comments:

  1. It's nice to check out new places.
    Bentley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to check out new places…. so much to see and smell.

      Delete
  2. We agree wif your mom...stay away from the snakes! We hate the boat ramp in our town also. It moves.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plopped down and wouldn't move. Aunty D laughed. I did not think it was funny.

      Delete
  3. You're lucky your momma even got out of the car after seeing that sign. My momma would've been peeling rubber in the other direction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow there are some potentially dangerous critters on your walks Ranger. Methinks mum is right the beach is safer. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom is not a critter person. She is a chicken!

      Delete
  5. Tell your mom that I put some of our rattlesnakes on your beach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD CHOPPER HEADS are DANEROUS...... We think it is best to stay WAY far from where they might be....
    Love that they put up a nice PeeMail station there fur your convenience. Lucky there weren't any CHOPPER Heads around THERE...

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm I would thinks the snakes would be hibernating this time of year, At least you got to leave some pee mail though

    ReplyDelete
  8. We aren't allowed to go some places in summer because of the snakes. SHE's afraid of them even though SHE's only seen ONE in about 30 years. Hope those Gators and Copperheads know how to read and stick to their own trails. Looks like a fantastic place to roam.

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adventure! That was a wildlife adventure
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  10. You stared danger in the face and were courageous! Don't forget tomorrow we post the link to the TOP SECRET Pawty!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snakes I would run for the hills.Looked like fun though Ranger.Big Lub'z xxoxxxxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Snakes and gators. Let us tell you. Mom encountered a snake near the pool last Friday. Did you hear her yell??? The gators are across the street in the water view property near the golf course. She sees them occasionally. We joke about the water view because the water in a little stream and might be three yards wide but the suckers fell for this when the properties were sold.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, you don't need to be gator bait, Scottie only make one good mouth full, and most of it is fur ball!

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sign looked like a pawsome place to leave peemail.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMD you got to go exploring and take in all the cool smells and I loved how you left pee mail right away to let all the gators and snakes know that Ranger has arrived.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowsa!!! That looked like a pawsome adventure Ranger! I bets there were all kinds of fun things to smell and chase!!
    I've never seen a snake befores, butts I bets it would be funs!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a fun walk. Glad you didn't meet any snakes - dey's not such nice dudes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. If your mum wants to avoid snakes she needs to stamp her feet as the vibrations scare the snakes off. At least this is what typist was told as a child when they went on potential walks with snakes. You should have seen her stomping along behind her family - you would have laughed and laughed!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ranger that looks like a GREAT park! I'm glad you didn't run into any snakies though - my Mom has a THING about those slimy creatures!!!

    Hugs, Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I bet you had so many new sniffs to sniff out! I really do like your beach adventures, thought. My peep and I saw a snake eat an alligator on the news last night...scary stuff indeed.
    oxox
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...