Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

A New Discovery

I love my yard and I pay close attention to everything that goes on in it.  Well, it is my kingdom and as King, I see it as  my duty to rid my kingdom of all those pesky squirrels and birds.   It's not easy, cuz Mom keeps filling up that bird feeder with food for them and then the squirrels try to snatch some too.   If only she'd stop feeding the pest.  
     
Anyways… one of my favorite spots to monitor yard activity is from the little ledge around our screened in porch.    It's got a great view of my entire yard kingdom.   Did ya know that I've got really good balance and can go forward and back up on the ledge?   Yep… I can.   I can also leap off my ledge and chase after all them pesky  squirrels.   That always startles them.

Maybe I should invite my buddy Sweet William the Scot to come over with his super cool Circus canon and we can shoot all them squirrels down.   Now that would be fun.

Well yesterday, while I was looking out over my kingdom, from my little ledge, I spied something new.


Now what is that?  Hummmmmmm.

Snow!

My 1st snow.   I've heard about this stuff and seen pictures on some of your bloggies, but this is the first time that I've actually seen it in my yard.


Hummmm….it is kinda pretty… I'm just not so sure I like all this cold white stuff on my nose.

Wags,
    Ranger

Pees.   In case you were wondering… it was pretty for about 1 hr and then all disappeared.  Sigh.

17 comments:

  1. OMD OMD RANGER... your mom LURES the squirrels with Bird Foods?? We don't know if that is CRAZY or Brilliant..
    OH YES... Invite Sw. William... he is soooo nice.

    You got SNOW??? Not THAT is just the way we LIKE snow... Fall and then MELT AWAY...
    You are really LUCKY...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No snow this winter in Arizona. You got the share for both you and me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you got about as much snow as we have had this year.....did you try eating some ??? It is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! SNOW!!! Your first snow my friend! Cool. I love snow.

    ArooOOOO! Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is how we want snow, one hour and then it is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must be on guard to watch for intruders at your kingdom
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing a great job of patrolling your estate. Snow, how cool is that?? I like it for a little while until my feets get cold and then its time to go in. I hope you like it.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  8. REAL SNOW!!! That's exciting.

    Excellent job keeping those squirrels at bay.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella &Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Us scotties make pawsome guards - Sammy also likes to keep an eye over our yard.

    Wally & Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow we are super interested in helping you catch those pesky squiggles. Go get em Ranger. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  11. We hope you are paid in lots of treats for all your hard work guarding your kingdom, Ranger! Snow is lots of fun--we love it! Wrigs likes it best when it's already on the ground. (He's not a big fan of having it fall on him.) We are supposed to get more snow tonight and tomorrow. Yay!

    Susan and Wrigs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehehehe, yups peeps (and squirrels) underestimate the balance we doggies have! The furst year of my life, Ma swore I was part feline! Oh, then nerves! Anyhu, I thinks your Moms is brilliant! If my Ma had such ingenuity, maybe I could up my deaded squirrel count!
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  13. We wish our snow would disappear in one hour, lol! But it doesn't seem to matter how much snow we get, those nasty tree rats rum amuck in our bird feeders! They know that doxies hate the cold & wet snow outside....but you just wait til spring....be warned squirrels....be warned.


    (((hugs))) your friends
    Oskar & Schatzi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your yard Ranger, and snow is such fun.. Have a wonderful Wednesday..Luv'z youz xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope the snow sticks around for longer next time, it is so much fun to play in!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Snow is the bestest, sorry it didn't hang around, but maybe you'll get some more soon:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...